Tuesday 27 October 2015

A mixture of childhood with maturity...

I am a Brazilian, born and raised in Rio de Janeiro. Yes, I am from a tropical country, with amazing fruits and vegetables. I remember in my childhood going to my family farm and harvesting some mangos, jabuticabas, sugar cane, and also I could have the chance to get some fresh milk from the cows and eggs from chickens and quails (my favourite egg). I used to spend most of my holidays with my bare feet on the ground, playing with the animals and the nature. I can still remember the smell of the morning with breeze from the mountains. I believe that my fascination with fresh food, and healthy nourishment come from the times I was there!
               But I forgot to tell you guys, that I also have some Italian influence on the way I cook. My father, he is Italian from Salerno, and he is a great cook as well. He has a pasta factory, since 1977, and it’s called Paladium.  I confess, he loves to eat, especially pasta with wine, of course he is Italian! I was able to learn from him how to cook and how to love to do that. To cook is not just to prepare food, but it is a pleasure and the best way to spend your time. Some people still think that food is just a way to feed your body, but it is one of the best ways to fill your soul.

               I decided to create this blog, because I really want to share with you, how to enjoy cooking, make this moment much more fun, and still eat healthy!

I attached some photos that I could find, I asked my parents to find some more, when I have with me, I post here for you guys.


THE FARM





Home made shower

Yoga Time


Jabuticaba

 PALADIUM FACTORY



This machine still working, since 1977. It made to make pastry and pasta!


My Daddy making some Christmas dishes. It is the busiest time for Paladium. 

This painting shows the front of the factory in the 80s Nowadays it is not like this anymore. 

This is the only picture that could find where has all my family today! We took at the airport before I moved to Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment